Microsoft Windows 11 File Explorer tab, introduces new Windows 365 features,
Some new features are already available through the Windows 11 Insider Dev channel.
Microsoft recently announced a set of new features for Windows 11 at the “Hybrid Work” event. While the new additions are primarily aimed at its enterprise customers, some of them may also benefit regular Windows 11 users. Notable announcements include Windows 365-based Cloud PC enhancement, a tabbed design in File Explorer, folders in the Start menu, touch support for Snap layouts, some features of the Microsoft team, better focus and captioning.
New Windows 11 features
1. File Explorer tab, favorites and home
You can open a folder in a new tab in a single File Explorer window. You can right-click on a file / folder and add it to Favorites. Windows 11 File Explorer also has a new home page.
2. Folder in the Start menu
The Windows 11 Start menu now supports folders for better file organization.
3. Touch for snap layout
On tablets, Windows convertible laptops, and touch-based Windows 11 devices, you can touch and move / resize / fit windows in different areas of the screen using the Snap Layout feature.
4. Focus on DND and timer
Windows 11 has an advanced Do Not Disturb and Focus Timer option.
5. System-wide live captions
The system will create real-time captions for Windows 11, no matter how it sounds from an app, website or outlet.
6. Teams include voice focus, eye contact, auto framing and portrait blur.
Microsoft promotes teams as a great video calling software with features like voice focus, background noise reduction, AI-enabled false eye contact during video calls, background blur and automatic framing.
7. Windows 365 Cloud PC Integration
Windows 365 (a cloud PC solution from Microsoft) is deeply integrated with Windows 11. As part of this change, you will receive:
- Windows 365 Boot: Log in directly to your Windows 365 Cloud PC instead of the local Windows 11.
- Windows 365 Switch: Easy conversion option between Cloud PC and local desktop between Tas View in Windows 11 UI.
- Windows 365 Offline: Access Windows 11 Cloud PC without Internet.
- Windows 365 App: Access the Windows Cloud PC from an app shortcut in the Start menu or task bar.
We’ve already discussed some of the changes to Windows 11 in a previous article. You can check it out.
For other news, reviews, feature stories, shopping guides and everything else related to technology, keep reading Digit.in.