OnePlus conducts Twitter poll against Oxygen OS, holds poll

April 4, 2022 0 Comments

An employee of OnePlus conducted a Twitter poll similar to what Xiaomi did a few days ago. OnePlus CEO commented on the Twitter poll that “don’t delete this poll,” although the poll lost to Oxygen OS Android.

Following Xiaomi’s heels, OnePlus also conducted a Twitter poll that pitted her OxygenOS against stock Android. The survey was not conducted on the official OnePlus Twitter account, but was posted by one OnePlus staff. When it was posted, OnePlus’ Oxygen OS was initially ahead of Android, however, the stock Android got caught up with Oxygen OS and surpassed it, resulting in 58 percent vote share for the Google-built operating system. Oxygen OS, on the other hand, gained 42 percent of the vote share from Twitter.

One interesting thing here is the CEO of OnePlus, Carl Pey Comments Twitter poll says, “Do not delete this poll,” Digging directly into Xiaomi which conducted a similar poll a few days ago and then deleted it from its Twitter page after MIUI got lost to Android.

Xiaomi’s MIUI has had similar results to Android as the OnePlus’s Oxygen OS – 57% to 43% for Android. In this case, the OnePlus took a higher road without deleting the pole. The OnePlus employee who originally posted the Twitter poll later thanked the participants and said, “Thanks for the overwhelming amount of feedback. I read all your comments. Appreciate the positives and especially the negatives. It inspires us to do more at OxygenOS and helps improve the product. Cheers! “

It’s refreshing to see OnePlus turn criticism of its Oxygen OS into something positive. However, it would have been nice to share the poll on the official OnePlus Twitter account or Carl Paye himself.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.